Routines, Rhythms and Rituals in Early Childhood
Time & Location
About the Event
Routine is not a dirty word but how can we find the balance between freedom and 'free-for-all'?
This workshop is based upon discussion about how to get the best out of your program by focusing on the rhythm of the day. You will leave with a toolkit full of refreshing ideas on the tempo of the day and harmonious connected times with children.
- Learn about routine as a means of safety, security, familiarity and consistency
- See new ideas on how to plan curriculum around rhythms such as seasons, growth and development, relationships/friendships, community engagement
- Learn the Reggio Emilia approach to 'communitias' and how ritual based practices can enhance connection
- Formulate your own definition of what a routine looks like at your centre and how to review your policies and procedures according to this
QA 2 Children's healthy and safety
QA 5 Relationships with children
- General Admission$65$650$0